CANADA IMMIGRANT INVESTOR
The Canada residence by investment program has been running since 1986. The previous program, the Canadian Immigrant Investor Program, was highly successful in attracting billions in foreign capital over the years. In 2012 the CIIP was closed, leaving only the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program open for high-net-worth individuals (HNWI) to relocate into Canada. By applying to the QIIP you must express the intent to reside in the province of Quebec. Permanent residents can apply for Canadian citizenship after 3 years of residence. Canada has one of the highest quality of life ratings and its passport is one of the world’s best, with visa-free travel to Europe and the U.S.
Canadian Dollar (CAD)
Quebec Immigrant Investor Program
STAGE 1: Month 1
Gather the necessary documents and submit the application, along with the Quebec application fees.
STAGE 2: Month 5-6
Applicant may be required to pass an interview with an immigration officer.
STAGE 3: Month 9-10
The applicant receives the Quebec Certificate of Selection. Upon receipt, the applicant files for permanent residency with the Federal Government.
STAGE 4: Year 3
Receipt of the Certificate of Permanent Residence.
- Applicants are not required to be tax resident in Canada
- Naturalisation possible after 3 years of physical presence in Canada
- French-speaking applicants can benefit from an accelerated process and an out-of-quota submission
- Applicants can bring their children up to 21 years of age
- Main applicant must demonstrate 2m CAD of net worth and prove the origin of the funds
- Main applicant must demonstrate business experience of at least 2 years
- Provide a police report and be of good character
- Provide a medical certificate
- Must intend to settle in Quebec
- Permanent Residents are required to be physically present in Canada for 2 out of 5 years
If you are interested in Citizenship or Residency by investment
Click to the Global Residence Index homepage to learn more.
Let us help you!
As a trusted golden visa & citizenship by investment agent, our team is authorized to facilitate your application process, assess the ideal investment option for your unique situation, and keep you in compliance every step of the way. Our personalized investment migration consulting is your one-stop shop for obtaining a second citizenship or new residency. Fill out our contact form to get started with a complimentary consultation today.BOOK CONSULTATION NOW!
Read more articles about citizenship and residency below
Understanding Taxation in St. Kitts & Nevis
Obtaining a Bank Account in St. Kitts & Nevis
How to Choose the Right Agent
St. Kitts & Nevis Passport: Validity Timeline and Renewal Process
Everything You Should Know About St. Kitts & Nevis
Benefits of Dual Citizenship
Residency vs Citizenship
How Many Citizenships Can You Have?