Barbados Residence by Investment
Barbados offers a residence by investment program to foreign investors looking to relocate to the beautiful Caribbean island. The Barbados Special Entry and Reside Permit (SERP) provides permanent residence to property investors investing in excess of $2,000,000. Introduced in 2012, the SERP makes it easy for high-net-worth individuals (HNWI) to relocate to Barbados.
Read also about the Cayman Islands Residence by Investment program.
There are several categories of persons who can qualify for the SERP:
- An individual who invests US$2M in Barbados (either by acquiring a residential property or other investments in Barbados), purchased with funds sourced outside the island, is eligible for an SERP for a 5-year period
- An individual who has a net worth of at least US$5M and invests at least US$2M in Barbados (either by acquiring a residential property or other investments in Barbados purchased with funds sourced outside the island)
Lengths of permits for those eligible for an SERP are as follows:
- An individual who is over 60 years of age can obtain an SERP for an indefinite period
- An individual who is under 60 years of age will be granted an SERP for the period that will take the individual up to age 60, and thereafter it can become indefinite
- An individual with special skills will be eligible for an SERP for 5 years
- Spouses and dependants under 18 or in full-time education will be granted the same status as the SERP holder
For more information about the program, visit the Invest Barbados website, or contact us.