Barbados Residence by Investment
Barbados offers a residence by investment program to foreign investors looking to relocate to the beautiful Caribbean island. The Barbados Special Entry and Reside Permit (SERP) provides permanent residence to property investors investing in excess of $2,000,000. Introduced in 2012, the SERP makes it easy for high-net-worth individuals (HNWI) to relocate to Barbados.
There are several categories of persons who can qualify for the SERP:
- An individual who invests US$2M in Barbados (either by acquiring a residential property or other investments in Barbados), purchased with funds sourced outside the island, is eligible for an SERP for a 5-year period
- An individual who has a net worth of at least US$5M and invests at least US$2M in Barbados (either by acquiring a residential property or other investments in Barbados purchased with funds sourced outside the island)
Lengths of permits for those eligible for an SERP are as follows:
- An individual who is over 60 years of age can obtain an SERP for an indefinite period
- An individual who is under 60 years of age will be granted an SERP for the period that will take the individual up to age 60, and thereafter it can become indefinite
- An individual with special skills will be eligible for an SERP for 5 years
- Spouses and dependents under 18 or in full-time education will be granted the same status as the SERP holder
For more information about the program, visit the Invest Barbados website.
“Our purpose is to provide information, so feel free to contact us if you need more. If you need professional help, let us know, and we will direct you toward a trusted expert in your area.”
Let us help you!
As a trusted golden visa & citizenship by investment agent, our team is authorized to facilitate your application process, assess the ideal investment option for your unique situation, and keep you in compliance every step of the way. Our personalized investment migration consulting is your one-stop shop for obtaining a second citizenship or new residency. Fill out our contact form to get started with a complimentary consultation today.BOOK CONSULTATION NOW!
Read more articles about citizenship and residency below
How to Choose the Right Agent
Understanding Taxation in St. Kitts & Nevis
Visa Requirements for Visitors to St. Kitts & Nevis
Why St. Kitts & Nevis is Highly Sought-After for International Banking
Everything You Should Know About St. Kitts & Nevis
The Sustainable Growth Fund in Saint Kitts & Nevis: Citizenship and Local Prosperity
Traveling to St. Kitts & Nevis with Ease
Obtaining a Bank Account in St. Kitts & Nevis