SINGAPORE GLOBAL INVESTOR PROGRAMME
The Singapore residence by investment program was first introduced in 1989. Since then the Singapore Global Investor Programme has been very popular throughout Asia. The program proposes to the investor 2 investment options, both of which provide permanent residence in Singapore. After only 3 years of permanent residence, applicants become eligible for Singapore citizenship. The Singapore passport is one of the best in the world, with visa-free travel to the U.S., Europe, and China. Singapore is known for its high quality of life, secure environment, highly rated universities, and tax-friendly environment.
Singapore Dollar (SGD)
English, Malay, Mandarin, Tamil
GIP Business option A
STAGE 1: Month 1
Gather the required documents and submit the GIP application to Contact Singapore, along with application fees. Contact Singapore invites the applicant for an interview.
STAGE 2: Month 5
The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) will issue an Approval-in-Principle and invite the applicant to complete his investment within 6 months. Upon completion, the proof of investment is sent.
STAGE 3: Month 6
Contact Singapore issues a final approval letter that will permit the applicant to finalize his permanent residence status.
- Applicants are provided with a permanent residence
- Low tax environment, with no tax on foreign income
- Applicant can qualify for citizenship after 2 years
- No physical presence requirements if the applicant doesn’t renew PR after 5 years (naturalisation requires 12 months of physical residence prior to application)
- Applicants can bring their children under 21 years old. Parents and children 21 years old and older can apply for a 5-year permit.
- Provide a declaration of good character
- Demonstrate business experience; 3 years if choosing Option A
- Provide audited financial reports of applicant’s main business; 50m SGD in turnover if choosing Option A
- Provide a business plan if choosing Option A
- Children of main applicant receiving permanent residence are eligible for military service
If you are interested in Citizenship or Residency by investment
Click to the Global Residence Index homepage to learn more.
Let us help you!
As a trusted golden visa & citizenship by investment agent, our team is authorized to facilitate your application process, assess the ideal investment option for your unique situation, and keep you in compliance every step of the way. Our personalized investment migration consulting is your one-stop shop for obtaining a second citizenship or new residency. Fill out our contact form to get started with a complimentary consultation today.BOOK CONSULTATION NOW!
Read more articles about citizenship and residency below
How to Choose the Right Agent
Citizenship by Investment for Families with Adult Children
Obtaining a Bank Account in St. Kitts & Nevis
Silver Coast Portugal: The Perfect Combination of Lifestyle and Return on Investment
Everything You Should Know About St. Kitts & Nevis
St. Kitts & Nevis Passport: Validity Timeline and Renewal Process
How Many Citizenships Can You Have?
Citizenship by Investment Programs for Siblings