SINGAPORE GLOBAL INVESTOR PROGRAMME
The Singapore residence by investment program was first introduced in 1989. Since then the Singapore Global Investor Programme has been very popular throughout Asia. The program proposes to the investor 2 investment options, both of which provide permanent residence in Singapore. After only 3 years of permanent residence, applicants become eligible for Singapore citizenship. The Singapore passport is one of the best in the world, with visa-free travel to the U.S., Europe, and China. Singapore is known for its high quality of life, secure environment, highly rated universities, and tax-friendly environment.
Singapore Dollar (SGD)
English, Malay, Mandarin, Tamil
GIP Business option A
STAGE 1: Month 1
Gather the required documents and submit the GIP application to Contact Singapore, along with application fees. Contact Singapore invites the applicant for an interview.
STAGE 2: Month 5
The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) will issue an Approval-in-Principle and invite the applicant to complete his investment within 6 months. Upon completion, the proof of investment is sent.
STAGE 3: Month 6
Contact Singapore issues a final approval letter that will permit the applicant to finalize his permanent residence status.
- Applicants are provided with a permanent residence
- Low tax environment, with no tax on foreign income
- Applicant can qualify for citizenship after 2 years
- No physical presence requirements if the applicant doesn’t renew PR after 5 years (naturalisation requires 12 months of physical residence prior to application)
- Applicants can bring their children under 21 years old. Parents and children 21 years old and older can apply for a 5-year permit.
- Provide a declaration of good character
- Demonstrate business experience; 3 years if choosing Option A
- Provide audited financial reports of applicant’s main business; 50m SGD in turnover if choosing Option A
- Provide a business plan if choosing Option A
- Children of main applicant receiving permanent residence are eligible for military service
If you are interested in Citizenship or Residency by investment
Click to the Global Residence Index homepage to learn more.
Navigating through golden visa & citizenship by investment programs can be complex and overwhelming, regardless of the country or program you’re interested in. If you’re struggling to find clear, accurate information, you’re not alone. Our team is here to offer you clarity and reliable advice across a wide range of immigration programs.
By scheduling a consultation, you’ll receive personalized guidance tailored to your unique situation. We’re dedicated to helping you understand the details of various immigration programs, making them more straightforward so you can proceed with confidence.
Read more articles about citizenship and residency below
The Fastest Citizenship by Investment Programs
Citizenship by Investment Programs for Siblings
Retiring in Malta: What Residence Options to Consider
How to Get Portuguese Citizenship
Caribbean Citizenship by Investment & Passport Guide
How to Choose the Right Agent
Moving to Portugal from the US – A True Deep Dive
Easiest European Countries to Get Citizenship
Citizenship by Investment for Families with Adult Children
Second Passport – How to Get a Second Citizenship
How Many Citizenships Can You Have?
Portugal Golden Visa Investment Funds