SOUTH KOREA IMMIGRANT INVESTOR
The South Korea residence by investment program was first introduced in 2010 with the real estate investment option. In 2012, South Korea introduced the Public Business program to complement its offering with business and bond investment options. The programs provide a 2-year resident permit that is renewable. After 5 years of living in the country, applicants become eligible for South Korea permanent residence and citizenship. The South Korean passport is a world-class travel document providing visa-free travel to the U.S., Europe, and China. South Korean non-permanent residents are not liable to taxation on their foreign income.
If you are interested in Citizenship or Residency by investment
Click to the Global Residence Index homepage to learn more.
South Korea Won (KRW)
Public Business Risk-Based Investment option
STAGE 1: Month 1
Notification of the Ministry of Justice in the region in South Korea where the investment will be made. (This step only applies to the Risk-Based Investment option.)
STAGE 2: Month 2
Upon approval, gather documents and submit the application to the Immigration Office, along with application fees.
STAGE 3: Month 6
The Immigration Office will review your application and invite you to finalize your investment. Upon completion, you must submit proof of the investment to receive your residence permit.
- Applicants are provided with a 2-year resident permit
- Non-permanent residents can be exempt from income tax on foreign assets
- Eligible for a reduction or exemption on corporate tax, income tax, acquisition tax, and property tax
- Applicant can qualify for citizenship after 5 years
- Foreign Investors are not required to forfeit their previous citizenship at naturalisation
- No physical presence requirements
- Applicants can bring their unmarried children
- Provide a police report and be of good character
- Provide a tuberculosis test certificate
- Possess a net worth above 300m KRW
Let us help you!
As a trusted golden visa & citizenship by investment agent, our team is authorized to facilitate your application process, assess the ideal investment option for your unique situation, and keep you in compliance every step of the way. Our personalized investment migration consulting is your one-stop shop for obtaining a second citizenship or new residency. Fill out our contact form to get started with a complimentary consultation today.BOOK CONSULTATION NOW!
Read more articles about citizenship and residency below
Understanding Taxation in St. Kitts & Nevis
Obtaining a Bank Account in St. Kitts & Nevis
How Many Citizenships Can You Have?
Silver Coast Portugal: The Perfect Combination of Lifestyle and Return on Investment
Alternative to EU Citizenship? Why you should consider St. Kitts & Nevis
Everything You Should Know About St. Kitts & Nevis
Benefits of Dual Citizenship
Citizenship by Investment Programs for Siblings