UNITED KINGDOM TIER 1 INVESTOR
The UK residence by investment program was first introduced in 1994. Under the UK Tier 1 Investor Programme, the investor would normally wait 5 years to qualify for permanent residence, which they can reduce by choosing the £5m and £10m options. UK citizenship can be obtained after 5 years of living in the country as long as the applicant has held the permanent residence permit for at least 1 year. The UK passport is one of the best in the world and provides visa-free travel to the U.S. and freedom of movement to the EU. The UK is renowned for its dynamic financial sector and world-class education system.
Pound Sterling (GBP)
Tier 1 Investor
STAGE 1: Month 1
Gather the required documents and submit the Tier 1 Investor application to the Home Office, along with application fees. You can choose the Super Premium Service for an application processing time of 24h.
STAGE 2: Month 1-2
The application is approved in principle in 3 weeks, or 24h under the Super Premium Service. Applicant will be given 90 days to enter the UK to make their investment and submit proof.
STAGE 3: Month 2
The applicant receives his Tier 1 Investor visa, which is valid for 3 years and 4 months.
- The Tier 1 Investor can choose the 5m GBP or 10m GBP options to accelerate eligibility for permanent residence
- Applicant can apply for citizenship after 6 years, or 5 years under the 5m and 10m options
- Investor can apply for the non-domicile tax regime, which limits tax liability on foreign income to what they remit to the UK
- Applicants can bring their minor children; parents can apply for family reunification after the main applicant receives permanent residence
- Right to travel within the Schengen area
- Provide a police report and be of good character
- Provide a tuberculosis test
- Investor must spend at least 180 days per year to qualify for permanent residence (indefinite leave to remain)
If you are interested in Citizenship or Residency by investment
Click to the Global Residence Index homepage to learn more.
Let us help you!
As a trusted golden visa & citizenship by investment agent, our team is authorized to facilitate your application process, assess the ideal investment option for your unique situation, and keep you in compliance every step of the way. Our personalized investment migration consulting is your one-stop shop for obtaining a second citizenship or new residency. Fill out our contact form to get started with a complimentary consultation today.BOOK CONSULTATION NOW!
Read more articles about citizenship and residency below
St. Kitts & Nevis Passport: Validity Timeline and Renewal Process
The Sustainable Growth Fund in Saint Kitts & Nevis: Citizenship and Local Prosperity
Benefits of Dual Citizenship
Visa Requirements for Visitors to St. Kitts & Nevis
Obtaining a Bank Account in St. Kitts & Nevis
Why St. Kitts & Nevis is Highly Sought-After for International Banking
Understanding Taxation in St. Kitts & Nevis
Alternative to EU Citizenship? Why you should consider St. Kitts & Nevis