Andorra Residence by Investment program
The Andorra Residence by Investment program was created in 2012 and complements the Self-Employed program and the Professionals with International Outlook program. Due to the size of the state, Andorra imposes a quota on each immigration category.
- Residence without work: 490
- Professional with international outlook: 30
- Self-employed: 250
Residence without lucrative activity
The Andorra Residence Without Lucrative Activity program is the name of the Residence by Investment program. It requires a 400,000 EUR investment for the length of the residence. There are many investment options:
- a) Real estate located in the Principality of Andorra.
- b) Investments in capital or equity in companies resident in Andorra.
- c) Finance or debt instruments issued by entities resident in the Principality of Andorra.
- d) Debt instruments issued by any public authorities in the Principality of Andorra.
- e) Deposits in the National Institute of Finance.
- f) Non-remunerated deposits at the Andorran Financial Authority (AFA).
The investor must make a major cash deposit in Andorra Institute of Finance in the amount of 50,000 EUR. In addition, the owner must also deposit the principal amount of 10,000 EUR for each unpaid dependent who acquires resident status without gainful activity. These amounts will be deducted from the 400,000 EUR investment.
Upon approval you will be allowed to reside in Andorra but not allowed to work there. Of course, you can tend to your own affairs and manage your investments. It is stated that the permit is for those looking to reside over 90 days a year in Andorra. The permit is valid for 2 years and can be renewed.
Due to the fact that the permit needs to be renewed for the length of your stay in Andorra, real estate investment will most likely make the most sense.
Professional with International Outlook
This scheme was created for professionals with business around the world who want to live in Andorra. It resembles a Self-Employed scheme, but to qualify the following criteria must be met:
- The headquarters or the base in which the professional activity is carried out must be located in the territory of the Principality of Andorra.
- The professional person with an international projection must have at most a person hired under the employment scheme.
- At least 85% of the services provided by the professional person must be used in any other country or territory other than Andorra.
In addition, just like the Residence Without Lucrative Activity, the program requires the principal owner to make a deposit of 50,000 EUR unpaid at the Andorran Financial Authority (AFA). He must also deposit the amount of 10,000 EUR for each unpaid dependent.
The applicant will also obtain a 2-year renewable residence permit.
The Self-Employed program is not as accommodating as the previous 2 programs. First of all, you will need to be present most of the year or at least 183 days. You will also only receive a 1-year permit that can be renewed to a 2-year permit after the first year.
To qualify as Self-Employed, you need to:
- Have obtained the corresponding foreign investment authorization to form an Andorran company in which it has a participation of more than 20% and has legally constituted the company of reference.
- Hold a position in the administrative body of the same company.
- To certify, within a maximum period of 3 months from the date of entry of the immigration authorization application, that the company is legally constituted and referring to point a is the holder of a duly registered trade and in activity in the Principality of Andorra.
- Make cash and deposit to the Andorran Financial Authority (AFA) at the moment the immigration authorization application is submitted, the amount of 15,000 EUR unpaid.
You can obtain more information on these programs by visiting the Andorra immigration department.
“Our purpose is to provide information, so feel free to contact us if you need more. If you need professional help, let us know, and we will direct you toward a trusted expert in your area.”
Let us help you!
As a trusted golden visa & citizenship by investment agent, our team is equipped to assess the ideal options for your unique situation, facilitate your application process, and keep you in compliance every step of the way. Our personalized investment migration consulting is your one-stop shop for obtaining a second citizenship or new residency. Fill out our contact form to get started with a complimentary consultation today.BOOK CONSULTATION NOW!
Read more articles about citizenship and residency below
Citizenship by Investment for Families with Adult Children
How Many Citizenships Can You Have?
Caribbean Citizenship by Investment & Passport Guide
How to Choose the Right Agent
Economic Citizenship: Everything You Should Know
Second Passport – How to Get a Second Citizenship
Retiring in Malta: What Residence Options to Consider
How to Travel with Two Passports
The Fastest Citizenship by Investment Programs
How to Get Portuguese Citizenship
Easiest European Countries to Get Citizenship
Moving to Portugal from the US – A True Deep Dive