Finland Residence by Investment
Finland always ranks high in the countries with the best standard of living. The country doesn’t offer many paths to business people, and there are no passive investment programs such as bond or real estate. It instead offers a few possibilities for immigrant entrepreneurs looking to reside in Finland. Approved applicants receive a 4-year residence permit. After 4 years you can apply for permanent residence in Finland.
Read also about the Denmark Startup visa
Finland Immigrant Entrepreneur
Apply with this application for a residence permit if you intend to come to Finland to become an entrepreneur. Before a permit can be issued, entrepreneurs usually need to enter their business in the Trade Register maintained by the Finnish Patent and Registration Office. Startup entrepreneurs must get a positive statement from Business Finland before they apply for a residence permit. A startup entrepreneur cannot get a residence permit without a positive statement from Business Finland. After 5 years of permanent residence you can apply for naturalization to Finnish citizenship.
You are an entrepreneur if you are:
- a start-up entrepreneur
- a private trader who has a so-called individually owned business (toiminimi)
- a partner in a general partnership
- a general partner in a limited partnership (not a silent partner)
- a member of a cooperative who has an unlimited liability for refinancing. The unlimited obligation to contribute has to be registered in the trade register
- a shareholder in a managerial position in a limited-liability company (managing director or member of the board of directors) or a person working in another type of company in a managerial position if you personally own at least 30% of the company’s share capital or personally have at least 30% of the number of votes produced by the company’s shares, or if you are a person in a managerial position in another type of company with similar authority in the company concerned.
This is what you should do:
- Make sure you meet the requirements for the residence permit you are applying for.
- Make sure you have all the attachments needed. If necessary, have them translated and legalised.
- Fill in your application.
- Pay for your application in the e-service Enter Finland, at a Finnish mission (embassy or consulate) or at a service point of the Finnish Immigration Service.
- If you are abroad, visit a Finnish mission (embassy or consulate). If you are already in Finland, book an appointment at a service point of the Finnish Immigration Service.
- Wait for a decision. The Finnish Immigration Service will contact you if necessary.
- Read what happens after you have applied. Check the estimated processing time of your application on the website.
- You should wait for the residence permit in the same country or locality where you submitted your application and proved your identity.
You can find more information on the government website.
“Our purpose is to provide information, so feel free to contact us if you need more. If you need professional help, let us know, and we will direct you toward a trusted expert in your area.”
Let us help you!
As a trusted golden visa & citizenship by investment agent, our team is authorized to facilitate your application process, assess the ideal investment option for your unique situation, and keep you in compliance every step of the way. Our personalized investment migration consulting is your one-stop shop for obtaining a second citizenship or new residency. Fill out our contact form to get started with a complimentary consultation today.BOOK CONSULTATION NOW!
What to expect during your free consultation?
We proudly offer free consultations to interested applicants.
Here is what you can expect from your free consultation with our advisory team:
By the end of the consultation, you will know if you’re eligible to apply so you don't spend time and money investigating yourself
We will answer any specific questions you have about the program and application process
Our advisory team will explain every step of the process in detail so you know what to expect
We’ll help you understand the best investment option for you
Read more articles about citizenship and residency below
Understanding Taxation in St. Kitts & Nevis
How Many Citizenships Can You Have?
How to Choose the Right Agent
Benefits of Dual Citizenship
Residency vs Citizenship
St. Kitts & Nevis Passport: Validity Timeline and Renewal Process
Obtaining a Bank Account in St. Kitts & Nevis
Alternative to EU Citizenship? Why you should consider St. Kitts & Nevis
How to Get Portuguese Citizenship
Citizenship by Investment Programs for Siblings
Silver Coast Portugal: The Perfect Combination of Lifestyle and Return on Investment
Moving to Portugal from the US – A True Deep Dive
Caribbean Citizenship by Investment & Passport Guide
Everything You Should Know About St. Kitts & Nevis
Citizenship by Investment for Families with Adult Children
Citizenship by Real Estate Investment: The Top Global Programs