Ukraine Residence by Investment
Ukraine has had a residence by investment program for a while now, enabling business investors to gain temporary residence in Ukraine. The country is still in conflict at its Russian border, but capital Kiev is safe and offers many of the advantages of a modern European city. Ukraine is not part of the EU. Talks were held in the past which divided the country politically. Naturalization into Ukrainian citizenship is possible after 5 years of residence. The Ukraine passport enables visa-free travel to the EU for 90 days in a 180-day period.
In order to apply for the temporary residence permit, a foreigner or stateless person who is the founder and/or participant and/or beneficiary owner (controller) of a legal entity registered in Ukraine and whose share of ownership or a foreign legal entity, the beneficiary (controller) of which is such foreigner or stateless persons, in the authorized capital of a Ukrainian legal entity is not less than 100,000 EUR at the official exchange rate established by the National Bank on the date a foreign investment is made, shall submit the following documents:
- copy of the constituent document of a legal entity, certified by an authorized official of a legal entity;
- written commitment of the legal entity with an obligation to notify the SMS on the termination of the status of the foreigner or stateless person as a founder and/or participant and/or beneficiary owner (controller) of this legal entity.
- other documents depending on the type of foreign investment:* information on the size of the share of a foreigner or stateless person – the founder (participant) of a legal entity in an amount not less than 100,000 EUR at the official exchange rate established by the National Bank on the date foreign investment is made as a contribution to the authorized capital, if a foreign investment is made in a monetary form, certified by an authorized official of a legal entity;* or a copy of the cargo customs declaration on movable property transferred as a contribution to the authorized capital of the legal entity, and a copy of the act of acceptance-transfer of such property, if the foreign investment is carried out in the property form, certified by an authorized official of the legal entity;
* or a copy of the act of acceptance-transfer of movable or immovable property transferred as a contribution to the authorized capital of a legal entity, if the foreign investment is made in the form of property, but such property was acquired in the territory of Ukraine, certified by an authorized official of the legal entity;
* or an extract from the securities account if the foreigner or stateless person is a shareholder of a joint-stock company registered in Ukraine, certified by an authorized official of the legal entity.
In order to apply for temporary residence permit, a foreigner or stateless person who arrived in Ukraine for the purpose of study shall submit the following documents:
- document confirming the actual study in Ukraine (attested in accordance with established procedure orders of education establishment on establishment of the education period for foreigner students.
- request (solicitation) of the education institution with the obligation to inform SMS in case of enrolment termination.
For more information visit the official government website.
Let us help you!
As a trusted golden visa & citizenship by investment agent, our team is equipped to assess the ideal options for your unique situation, facilitate your application process, and keep you in compliance every step of the way. Our personalized investment migration consulting is your one-stop shop for obtaining a second citizenship or new residency. Fill out our contact form to get started with a complimentary consultation today.BOOK CONSULTATION NOW!
Read more articles about citizenship and residency below
Moving to Portugal from the US – A True Deep Dive
Citizenship by Real Estate Investment: The Top Global Programs
Second Passport – How to Get a Second Citizenship
Citizenship by Donation
Retiring in Malta: What Residence Options to Consider
Caribbean Citizenship by Investment & Passport Guide
How to Choose the Right Agent
The Fastest Citizenship by Investment Programs
Easiest European Countries to Get Citizenship
How to Travel with Two Passports
Citizenship by Investment for Families with Adult Children
No Tax Countries: Tax-Free Countries in 2023