Obtaining a Bank Account in St. Kitts and Nevis
Whether you’re looking to open a personal bank account or a business bank account, the process for obtaining a bank account in St. Kitts is quite simple. You’ll need to submit a few documents via mail, but the rest of the process can be done entirely online. There are many types of accounts that can be opened, and each account has a plethora of banking capabilities.
Individual Bank Accounts in St. Kitts and Nevis
As an individual, you’ll have access to world-renowned banks such as St. Kitts-Nevis-Anguilla National Bank, The Bank of Nevis, and Hamilton Reserve Bank. These are some of the most reputable banks in the area offering a variety of services. Services available to individuals are vast; accounts can be opened in a foreign currency, for the purpose of remote asset management, brokerage services, and everything in between.
To open an individual banking account with one of the major banks in St. Kitts and Nevis, the required documents are:
- A valid passport and an additional identity document with a photograph
- Verification of the individual’s residential address with a recent utility bill, not more than 3 months old
- Bank statements to prove income and a bank reference letter obtained within the last 3 months
- In some cases, a professional reference letter from a lawyer, doctor, or accountant will be required
Once your documents are prepared, the bank will usually process everything within 10 days. Once approved, transferring the minimum amount required will finalize your bank account and grant access to online banking services.
Business Bank Accounts in St. Kitts and Nevis
Opening a business or corporate account in St. Kitts and Nevis can have financial benefits for your business and the process is fairly simple. In addition to the documents listed above for each signatory and beneficiary, the following will be required for business bank accounts:
- The Certificate of Incorporation for your business, if incorporated OR the business registration certificate
- Bank statements or an alternate form of proof of income
- A letter of recommendation from another bank with which you have conducted business for at least one year
- A letter of recommendation from a professional
- The complete Register of Shareholders and Directors
- Certificate of Good Standing or Certificate of Incumbency
Keep in mind that banks reserve the right to request additional documents during the application process including but not limited to a business plan, invoices, and existing client contracts. If you conduct business in a language other than English, your documents might need to be translated to English.
Become a citizen of Saint Kitts & Nevis
At Global Residence Index, we help our clients open bank accounts, open businesses, and obtain second passports through the Saint Kitts & Nevis citizenship by investment program.
Let us help you!
As a trusted golden visa & citizenship by investment agent, our team is equipped to assess the ideal options for your unique situation, facilitate your application process, and keep you in compliance every step of the way. Our personalized investment migration consulting is your one-stop shop for obtaining a second citizenship or new residency. Fill out our contact form to get started with a complimentary consultation today.BOOK CONSULTATION NOW!
Read more articles about citizenship and residency below
Easiest European Countries to Get Citizenship
Citizenship by Investment for Families with Adult Children
Citizenship by Donation
Citizenship by Investment Programs for Siblings
Economic Citizenship: Everything You Should Know
Retiring in Malta: What Residence Options to Consider
How to Get Portuguese Citizenship
Citizenship by Real Estate Investment: The Top Global Programs
How to Choose the Right Agent
The Fastest Citizenship by Investment Programs
How to Travel with Two Passports
Second Passport – How to Get a Second Citizenship