Bahamas Residence by Investment
The Bahamas offers a few options to investors looking to relocate to the islands. The low tax environment and common law has made this old British colony one of the best Caribbean islands to relocate. Foreign investors in either business or real estate can obtain permanent residence rather easily. Naturalization takes 10 years to qualify. But the Bahamas passport is worth the wait, with visa-free to Europe, China, Canada and the USA.
Read also about the Barbados Residence by Investment programs.
Establishing a business in the Bahamas
Investors must have a minimum investment of BS$500,000 in an area that isn’t reserved for 100% Bahamian participation.
- Submit a Project Proposal, along with supporting documents to the Bahamas Investment Authority (BIA).
- The BIA will process the application and submit the same to the National Economic Council for a determination.
- Depending on the nature of the proposed business activity, the relevant government ministry or agency would be consulted for input:
- Ministry of the Environment
- Ministry of Works and Transport
- Ministry of Housing
- Respective Family Island Local Government
- Once a determination has been made, the BIA will communicate to the applicant in writing.
- Once approval is obtained, the BIA also coordinates with other government agencies and facilitates the implementation of projects.
Learn also about the Turks & Caicos Residence by Investment programs
Buying Real Estate
Buying a property in the Bahamas is not a straightforward process. You need to obtain a permit to do so. Foreigners purchasing a property in the Bahamas can obtain a temporary residence permit by purchasing a property of at least BS$500,000. Major investors buying a property of BS$1.5 million or more get easy access to permanent residence in the Bahamas.
- Complete the entire Form 3.
- Submit Form 3 to the Secretary to the Investments Board, along with the list of documents identified below.
- If applicable, the application is also reviewed by the Securities & Intelligence Branch of the Royal Bahamas Police Force and government ministries, depending on the nature of the commercial activity proposed.
- Once approved, an approval letter is prepared.
- Upon receipt of an approval letter, the applicant must pay the required fee at the Public Treasury.
- A copy of the receipt must be returned to the Investments Board. The Board then issues the Permit to Acquire Property.
For more information, you can visit the official government website.
“Our purpose is to provide information, so feel free to contact us if you need more. If you need professional help, let us know, and we will direct you toward a trusted expert in your area.”
Let us help you!
As a trusted golden visa & citizenship by investment agent, our team is authorized to facilitate your application process, assess the ideal investment option for your unique situation, and keep you in compliance every step of the way. Our personalized investment migration consulting is your one-stop shop for obtaining a second citizenship or new residency. Fill out our contact form to get started with a complimentary consultation today.BOOK CONSULTATION NOW!
What to expect during your free consultation?
We proudly offer free consultations to interested applicants.
Here is what you can expect from your free consultation with our advisory team:
By the end of the consultation, you will know if you’re eligible to apply so you don't spend time and money investigating yourself
We will answer any specific questions you have about the program and application process
Our advisory team will explain every step of the process in detail so you know what to expect
We’ll help you understand the best investment option for you
Read more articles about citizenship and residency below
Citizenship by Investment Programs for Siblings
Understanding Taxation in St. Kitts & Nevis
Silver Coast Portugal: The Perfect Combination of Lifestyle and Return on Investment
Residency vs Citizenship
Citizenship by Donation
Moving to Portugal from the US – A True Deep Dive
Benefits of Dual Citizenship
Second Passport – How to Get a Second Citizenship
Economic Citizenship: Everything You Should Know
Caribbean Citizenship by Investment & Passport Guide
How to Choose the Right Agent
No Tax Countries: Tax-Free Countries in 2023
Everything You Should Know About St. Kitts & Nevis
Citizenship by Investment for Families with Adult Children
How Many Citizenships Can You Have?
Citizenship by Real Estate Investment: The Top Global Programs