Luxembourg Residence by Investment
Luxembourg is not a well-known European country but it is truly one of the best places to live in the continent, with its safe environment and high living standards. It’s one of the richest countries in Europe and is known for being a financial center. Lodged between Belgium, France and Germany, Luxembourg is a small state but fluent in German, French and English. There are a few paths towards residence in Luxembourg. First there is the Private Reason path, which is for those that have shown the financial means to reside in Luxembourg but will not engage in a working activity in the territory. This path provides an annual residence permit. A new path has been offered since late 2017: the immigrant investor program. This residence by investment program offers investors a 3- to 5-year residence permit. After 5 years, applicants become eligible to apply for both permanent residence and naturalization to Luxembourg citizenship.
Learn more about the Luxembourg Residence by Investment program.
Luxembourg Investor program
Steps to follows to apply to the program
- Step 1: before entering the country:
- submit an application for a temporary authorisation to stay to the Immigration Directorate (Direction de l’immigration) of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs (ministère des Affaires étrangères et européennes);
- hold a valid passport;
- for persons who are subject to a visa, request a visa type D after having obtained the temporary authorisation to stay;
- obtain an approval from the Minister of the Economy or from the Minister of Finance, depending on the case:
- Step 2: after entering the country:
- file a declaration of arrival with the new commune of residence in Luxembourg within 3 days of arrival;
- undergo a medical check;
- submit an application for a residence permit for investors.
The program offers a few investment options, giving the possibility to have an active of passive investment.
- at least EUR 500,000 in an existing company with its registered office in Luxembourg an commit to keep for a duration of at least 5 years:
- their investment;
- a level of employment which must be equivalent to the level at the time of the investment (in the case of an acquisition of a company in difficulty and under a redundancy plan, the aforementioned requirement does not apply); or
- at least EUR 500,000 in a new business still to be created, with its registered office in Luxembourg and at least 5 work positions which must be created within 3 years of the incorporation of the business. The recruitment of staff must be in collaboration with the National Employment Agency (Agence pour le développement de l’emploi – ADEM) or;
- at least EUR 3 million in a management and investment structure, either existing or still to be created, with its registered office in Luxembourg where it must have and maintain the necessary substance or;
- at least EUR 20 million in the form of a deposit of funds with a financial institution established in Luxembourg, and with the commitment to keep said deposit for at least 5 years.
With regard to investments in existing or still to be created businesses (investments of at least EUR 500,000), the company must or will have to carry out a commercial, crafts or industrial activity.
“Our purpose is to provide information, so feel free to contact us if you need more. If you need professional help, let us know, and we will direct you toward a trusted expert in your area.”
Let us help you!
As a trusted golden visa & citizenship by investment agent, our team is authorized to facilitate your application process, assess the ideal investment option for your unique situation, and keep you in compliance every step of the way. Our personalized investment migration consulting is your one-stop shop for obtaining a second citizenship or new residency. Fill out our contact form to get started with a complimentary consultation today.BOOK CONSULTATION NOW!
What to expect during your free consultation?
We proudly offer free consultations to interested applicants.
Here is what you can expect from your free consultation with our advisory team:
By the end of the consultation, you will know if you’re eligible to apply so you don't spend time and money investigating yourself
We will answer any specific questions you have about the program and application process
Our advisory team will explain every step of the process in detail so you know what to expect
We’ll help you understand the best investment option for you
Read more articles about citizenship and residency below
How to Choose the Right Agent
How to Get Portuguese Citizenship
St. Kitts & Nevis Passport: Validity Timeline and Renewal Process
Citizenship by Investment for Families with Adult Children
Caribbean Citizenship by Investment & Passport Guide
How Many Citizenships Can You Have?
Everything You Should Know About St. Kitts & Nevis
Citizenship by Investment Programs for Siblings
Understanding Taxation in St. Kitts & Nevis
Citizenship by Donation
Alternative to EU Citizenship? Why you should consider St. Kitts & Nevis
Economic Citizenship: Everything You Should Know
Silver Coast Portugal: The Perfect Combination of Lifestyle and Return on Investment
Obtaining a Bank Account in St. Kitts & Nevis
Benefits of Dual Citizenship
Residency vs Citizenship